[linux-dvb] xc3028 tuner development status?

Michel Ludwig michel.ludwig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:47:25 CET 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:34:40 aldebaran wrote:
> I noticed that a few commits concerning tuner xc3028 have started to be
> done in the mercurial tree. Is the support for this tuner already usable
> (at least for testing purposes)?
>
> One month ago I was told in this mailing list that you were still
> working on the firmware part but apart from that the work had already
> been done. Any news?

The tuner module is working fine, at least for tm6000 based devices. We are
finalizing some details of the tuner implementation at the moment.

More importantly, the xc3028 tuner module needs some firmware to work
correctly and the legal issues related to that haven't been solved yet, as
far as I know.

> I'm looking forward to this chipset being supported and wish you all a
> good work (on it)!

Thanks!

Michel