[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Nov 15 15:07:18 CET 2007

Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
> I just purchase the PCTV HD Ultimate Stick.  I decided upon this since it supported clear QAM and had flash space for recording to the stick in addition to the hardrive.  I read that the PCTV HD Pro Stick was supported with the latest Experimental build based on the em2883 chipset.  I took the risk and went with the Ultimate instead of the Pro.

[snip]

>   Any chance that there will be support for this newly released USB stick ?

You wont find native support for this in any Linux Distribution's native kernel anytime soon.

Your best bet, in this case, is to look at Markus' experimental repository.  I don't think that he has support for this exact device yet, but he does have most of the pieces required.

#1) You need em2880-dvb support, which is not yet in the master v4l-dvb development branch

#2) (I think) you'll need an xc5000 driver, also not yet merged into the v4l-dvb master branch.

You might be able to assemble the right pieces of code together, but I don't know where you'll find it all at this time.

Given a few months (or weeks, in a perfect world) time, the situation may become clearer.

Good Luck,

Mike Krufky