[linux-dvb] libdvben50221 docs and debuging

Ben Bucksch news at bucksch.org
Fri Nov 16 06:52:18 CET 2007

I am trying to use libdvben50221 from linuxtv-dvb-apps (version 20070114
from Gentoo) to drive the CI/CA/CAM for some encrypted channels. I get
some printouts on the console, but it doesn't work, the channel is not
decrypted.

CAM supports the following ca system ids:
0x1702
0x1722
0x1762
0x4a20
0x0500
CAM Application type: 01
CAM Application manufacturer: 4a20
CAM Manufacturer code: 4a20
CAM Menu string: AlphaCrypt Light

I sometimes also get
Received new PMT - sending to CAM...
between the "0x0500" and "CAM Application type: 01", which is promising,
but decryption still doesn't work. I also don't know why I sometimes get
that line and sometimes not.

The same card and CI/CAM works with MythTV. zap also seems to work.

Most likely I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what I am
supposed to do, as there is absolutely no documentation / howto. I used
the zap code as example (and use the unchanged zap_ca.* files), but
still I must be doing something wrong.

I'm at a loss here.
Can somebody please give some hints on how to debug this, and/or
describe what I'm supposed to do?

Relevant source attached.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

P.S. Sometimes, at the first tune(s), I also get, before that:

en50221_tl_handle_sb: Received T_SB for connection not in T_STATE_ACTIVE
from module on slot 00

en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-7

I don't remember whether I get this particular error with the normal
DVB-S card and driver or only with the SkyStar HD DVB-S2 card and the
multiprotocol branch which I use currently.