[linux-dvb] dvbscan does not work.

Jonas Kvinge jonas at jonas.io
Tue Nov 20 16:37:14 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a Technotrend Budget C-1500 and I get the message: "Unable to
query frontend status" when I try to run dvbscan. I previously had
openSUSE 10.2 and there it worked. I have built by own kernel and
installed dvb drivers from CVS, I have also compiled and installed the
dvb-apps myself so there isn't much left that that should be specfic to
openSUSE 10.3 except for that I used the kernel configuration file from
the default kernel. There are other people having the same problem:
http://suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=40881
Is there anything specific I could try to add in modprobe.conf.local
perhaps?

The card works using the channels.conf that I created when I still had
openSUSE 10.2.