[linux-dvb] Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Diversity - 2001e version?

Tomas Blaha tomasb at kapsa.cz
Tue Nov 20 22:04:34 CET 2007

Hello list

I'm looking for a dual tuner device for DVB-T reception with USB 2.0
connectivity. Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity (PCTV 2000e USB) came to
my sight. I have learned, that it should work under linux:

However nowadays, different version called 2001e is saled under the same
name. (On the official pages there is even newer version showed with dark

My question is: Will it work? Does someone have an experience with this

I have downloaded windows drivers from:

and after looking into it, PCTVDiB.inf states, that it is driver for

* PCTV 2000e
* PCTV 2001e
* PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick

and there is only one driver file mod7700.sys assigned to all three
versions. Does that mean, that existing driver (after adding new USB
IDs to the kernel) will work with this stick? Should I buy it and try, or
am I completly wrong?

Thanks for advice

Tomáš Bláha

e-mail:   tomas.blaha at kapsa.cz