[linux-dvb] DViCO Dual Digital 4 and remote

Bonne Eggleston b.eggleston at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:49:56 CET 2007

On 11/20/07, Christopher Pascoe <c.pascoe at itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> > I tested the patch and it appears to work very well. The remote shows up
> > as an input device and pressing keys generates keypresses (just as a
> > keyboard would). The number keys and arrow keys generate keycodes that
> > work perfectly.
> >
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Some keys do not generate an event (I've been testing it using
> > xev). Does anyone know how to get all keys to work (an example is the
> > "DVD" key)
>
> Hi Bonne,
>
> Can you add on your machine, in cxusb.c, a:
>
>         if (ircode[1] != 0)
>                 printk("I: %02x %02x %02x %02x\n", ircode[0], ircode[1], ircode[2], ircode[3]);
>
> to cxusb_bluebird2_rc_query, just after the "cxusb_i2c_xfer(&d->i2c_adap,
> &msg, 1); line, and then tail your kern.log?
>
> You should get a unique entry written to the log for each key on the
> remote and the middle two hex digits should correspond to entries in the
> key map that is in the .c file just after that.
Did that, worked very well for debugging... I found that I had to
restart the computer (completely power down) a few times while playing
with lirc to get the remote to spit anything out.

> Let us know the codes that are emitted for the keys that don't work and I
> will compare them to my friend's remote.
Turns out that after following various tutorials on lirc and using
some preconfigured config files that people have put together
everything works perfectly!

Thanks for all the help... This is certainly a very helpful mailing
list, hopefully I can give something back soon :)