[linux-dvb] RTL2831U driver

Vic kernel at beer.org.uk
Fri Nov 23 13:00:04 CET 2007

Hi All.

My first post to the list - I just subscribed yeaterday.

I've been talking to Realtek about the RTL2831U device used in the new
Freecom DVB-T sticks. They have very kindly supplied a driver, and
yesterday they agreed to licence it under the GPL. Woohoo!

So - where do I send it? I want to change the code they sent me *slightly*
in that it's currently got no copyright attributions at all, and I think
it should say "Realtek" all over it. It'll also want a bit of knocking
into shape to make a proper kernel build (and I don't know much about
that, being a simple userland programmer).

Any tips?

Thanks!

Vic.