[linux-dvb] AF901x Driver (USB)

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:47:51 CET 2007

Andreas Diehl wrote:
> Manu,
>
> I asked Digittrade about the licensing. They stated that they received the code directly from Afatech and that they have been tasked to integrate it. They claim that they have it at their disposal, so they support the Linux community. Some code files lack the header, nevertheless the kernel modules state "GPL". So far as I can tell.
>
> The following is from the publisher of the code:
>
> andreas.probst at digittrade.de wrote:
>> der Treiber steht uns zur freien Verfügung. Wir haben diesen Direckt
>> von Afatech bekommen und sollten uns um die Integration kümmern. Wir
>> stellen ihn natürlich der Linux Community freien  Verfügung.
>
> Anyway, I'll double check with Digittrade.

Thanks. Why i asked about this, i had been working on the same asked them whether
we can use the same code in our drivers. This was what i got, the answer from AFA

"As I said, we can "NOT" publish this driver code, please keep it for
your own use only."

Later on seeing the same i asked them on the status on publishing the same.
This was what i was told:

"Oh, it will be a disaster....
It's not legal to publish the code..."

If you can find out, from whom they got the permission to publish it would be great.

Manu