[linux-dvb] saa7146 vpeirq

Simeon Walker simbloke at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:37:28 CET 2007

Hi,

On 26/11/2007, Oliver Endriss <o.endriss at gmx.de> wrote:
> Simeon Walker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since upgrading to Ubuntu Gutsy (kernel 2.6.22) I see a lot of these
> > messages and the stream is badly corrupted:
> >
> > saa7146 (0) vpeirq: used 2 times >80%% of buffer (61476 bytes now)
>
> Basically this message means that the interrupt handler is executed very
> late. As a workaround you might try to increase the DMA buffer size
> ('bufsize' module parameter of budget-core).

yes, I tried setting this to the max, it made a little difference, but
the recording were still unwatchable in MythTV.

> > The card is an old Win TV Nova-T.
> >
> > Reverting to 2.6.20 is ok but I would like to be able to use the
> > latest dvb-usb drivers for another card. I tried yesterdays v4l-dvb
> > checkout which showed the same problems.
>
> Hm - did you test the checkout with the 2.6.20 kernel?
> (Just to find out whether it is the driver's fault or the kernel's.)

I don't think so.

I have recently compiled 2.6.23.8 with stock kernel drivers and this
work fine. It is also one where the Nova-T Stick works for more than a
few hours without i2c errors.

Regards,
Simeon