[linux-dvb] USB issues

Yousef Lamlum yousef.lists at youseflamlum.com
Thu Nov 29 01:01:05 CET 2007

Hi,

Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask but I've been having a USB
related issue with my Artec T14BR (Ultima Electronics). It's a USB 2.0
device and it's plugged in to a PCI USB 2.0 card (with NEC chipset).
The problem is this: When booting from cold (powered off), the Ubuntu
boots fine but does not recognise the T14BR. dmesg tells me "usb 3-3:
device descriptor read/64, error -62".  Subsequent reboots do not make
the device work either.

However, if I physically unplug and replug in the device it is picked
up, the driver loads and it works instantly, and remains working with
each reboot until the computer is powered down.

I've researched the problem, and tried a variety of suggestions (tried
other USB ports on the card, passing boot options to the kernel, trying
different cables) all with no difference.

Given that a fair few of you use USB 2.0 devices, has anyone come across
this problem before, and if so, does anyone have a solution?

I've included output from lsusb, lspci and dmesg whilst the device isn't
working, and have also included output from lsusb from when the device
is working.

Thanks,

Yousef.