[linux-dvb] Difference between budget-ci and budget-av

Hong Yin Lim hongyin.lim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:29:28 CET 2007

Hi,

Can someone be kind enough to explain the difference between the
budget-ci.ko & budget-av.ko file under the kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/ ?

Currently, I am using the Technotrend C1500 card to capture TS modulated
using QAM 256. When I load budget-av (modprobe budget-av), the card is not
detected. In contrast, when I load budget-ci, the card gets detected & the
dvbstream software works. But the TS captured from the dvbstream contains a
lot of errors when viewed using VLC.

Is there something that I did wrong here? Or otherwise, could someone
recommend another DVB-C card I can use successfully with all QAM modulation
(especially QAM 256).

The Linux version that I am using is 2.6.18.

Thank you.

Best regards,
HY