[linux-dvb] I-Frame Detection

Thomas Lagemann thomas.lagemann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Thu Oct 4 15:34:11 CEST 2007

Hi there,
this is a bit off-topic since it is not a really linux-specific
question, but maybe someone does know this right away.
I'm lookig for a way to recognize the type of a video-frame in MPEG-2
(I.P or B) to create smooth transitions between video files, without
having to decode the whole frame. I looked through the MPEG-2 TS and PES
definitions, but all i found was a splicing_point_falg in the TS
Adaptation Field. Unfortunately the hardware-encoder i'm working with
doesn't seem to set these flags.

Does anybody know another way how to determin the frame type?

Regards,
Thomas