[linux-dvb] UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:27:09 CEST 2007

Hi yall,

Been googling for a while, but my problem seems rather simple so I think
I'll just ask.

I have UDP encapsulated MPEG TS; how do I perform online analysis using
dvbsnoop?  All the pages I've been to so far seem to indicate hardware is
required.  This may be the case for QAM transport, but for IP transport I
already have the stream.

Do I need to pipeline VLC somehow into dvbsnoop in order to strip the
Ethernet/IP/UDP headers and just provide plain TS to dvbsnoop?

I have so far been using VLC to dump the raw MPEG TS into a file for post
processing using dvbsnoop.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

--
-jp

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and
unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was
finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul
back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he
should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of
the month.