[linux-dvb] DiB0700 device report

David Harvey dcharvey at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 11 11:57:23 CEST 2007


Hi,

I previously submitted my hardware details quoting some remaining  
stability issues.

Since then I have however had over a week mythtv uptime.
This could be down to one of three reasons.

I might not have unloaded the firmware fully from the stick before  
trying the new one by resetting the machine and not disconnecting it  
physically (although I thought I had)

I have improved my antenna setup, receiving much more consistent signal.

I have hidden the device from IR sources as I was also receiving many  
dmesg entries with
dib0700: Unknown remote controller key which have since stopped.

Hope this helps iron out any further issues.

dh

On 1 Oct 2007, at 11:00, linux-dvb-request at linuxtv.org wrote:

> Send linux-dvb mailing list submissions to
> 	linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	linux-dvb-request at linuxtv.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	linux-dvb-owner at linuxtv.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of linux-dvb digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. DVB-s Device Suggestions? (Heinz Wiesinger)
>    2. Re: DiB0700 device report (Jonas Anden)
>    3. firmware (Igor Nikanov)
>    4. Re: Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t channels	in
>       Norway (Per Thomas Jahr)
>    5. Re: Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t channels	in
>       Norway (Nico Sabbi)
>    6. Re?:  DVB-s Device Suggestions? (manu)
>    7. Re: Re?:  DVB-s Device Suggestions? (Heinz Wiesinger)
>    8. Dvico Dual Digital 4 Remote (Simon Perry)
>    9. improving the quality of DVB signal (HQND Love 4 you !)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:58:26 +0200
> From: Heinz Wiesinger <HMWiesinger at gmx.at>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] DVB-s Device Suggestions?
> To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Message-ID: <200709301658.26714.HMWiesinger at gmx.at>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="us-ascii"
>
> Hi!
> I would like to by a dvb-s usb device. Are there any especially  
> well supported
> ones for linux (more as listed in the wiki, which are just 2, where  
> one is
> actually not working). I would really like to have one for my laptop.
> Besides Firewire or ExpressCard suggestions are also welcomed, but  
> it needs to
> be dvb-s.
> I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:00:21 +0200
> From: Jonas Anden <jonas at anden.nu>
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] DiB0700 device report
> To: Henrik Beckman <henrik.list at gmail.com>
> Cc: linux-dvb <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Message-ID: <1191175221.3683.16.camel at anden.nu>
> Content-Type: text/plain
>
> Update:
>
> After closer verification, the Nova-TD Stick does not function  
> properly
> with the 1.10 firmware (either). tzap works and claims the frontend  
> has
> lock:
>
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0'
> tuning to 490000000 Hz
> video pid 0x03fb, audio pid 0x03fa
> status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 001fffff | unc 00000133 |  
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1a | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 001fffff | unc 00000946 |  
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 000028a8 |  
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00010930 | unc 00002599 |  
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1a | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 001fffff | unc 0000000b |  
> FE_HAS_LOCK
>
> But attempting to play the video stream generates errors (output from
> 'mplayer dvb://4@"TV6"'):
>
> Playing dvb://4@SVT1.
> dvb_tune Freq: 490000000
> dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 0 when reading  
> 1484 bytes
> dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 0 when reading  
> 1296 bytes
> dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 0 when reading  
> 1296 bytes
> ...
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: demux_open
>
> Attempting to tune to a channel with MythTV ends up in a "L__" state
> (normally "LMS" after channel lock).
>
> Signal levels are as follows (as reported by MythTV):
> Nova-T Stick  53% (43%)
> Nova-T 500(1) 59% (28%)
> Nova-T 500(2) 67% (50%)
>
> All devices are now being fed straight from a low-noise amplifier and
> all are tuned to the same channel. Signal levels in parenthesis is  
> with
> internal LNA off (force_lna_activation=0).
>
>   // J
>
> On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 12:02 +0200, Jonas Anden wrote:
>>> Can I ask you a few questions about the TD stick,
>>>
>>> 1. How is reception compared to the nova-t 500
>>
>> I think it is pretty similar, though I don't have any exact  
>> numbers to
>> give you at this time. I'm going to do an overhaul of my cabling  
>> (with a
>> better quality amplifier and splitter); I've got a small aerial  
>> antenna
>> which is partially blocked by trees that feeds my four inputs and the
>> current splitters and amplifier are pretty tacky, so any  
>> differences in
>> reception is likely to be more dependent on the cabling than the  
>> tuners.
>> I'll try to get back with better numbers when I have better  
>> surrounding
>> equipment.
>>
>> That being said, depending on which multiplex I tune to I have very
>> varying reception on the Nova-T 500. My reception on mux 1 (with SVT
>> channels) is usually between 70-80% according to MythTV (with the
>> internal LNA enabled), while mux 5 (with the local channels) is  
>> varying
>> from 40 to 60%.
>>
>>> 2. What firmware do you use for it
>>
>> I now use the 1.10 firmware. Using the 03-pre1 firmware I had similar
>> problems to yours; dvbscan found plenty of channels but MythTV  
>> failed to
>> get a lock.
>>
>>   // J
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:45:11 +0400
> From: Igor Nikanov <goga777 at bk.ru>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] firmware
> To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Message-ID: <20070930224511.5bb3094e at localhost.localdomain>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> Hello
>
> In http://linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622 I can  
> find the last version of firmware.
> But in Internet I can find more new version - dvb-ttpci-01-f22623- 
> patched.fw.bz2
> what's it ?
>
> Igor
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:16:42 +0200
> From: Per Thomas Jahr <perja at extern.uio.no>
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t
> 	channels	in	Norway
> To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> Message-ID: <1191179802.5294.5.camel at localhost.localdomain>
> Content-Type: text/plain
>
> On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 20:55 +0200, Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
> ...
>> but the video and audio pid for me is always 0 after a scan.
> ...
>> (see http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~perja/channels.conf)
>
> Hmm, in channels.conf there is a service named "Bootload". Could that
> have anything to do with me getting no video and audio pid? From
> googling a bit, it seems that this service is a way to initialize and
> upgrade the setup boxes. But how can I use it from linux-dvb?
>
> Anyone knows?
>
> Thanks
> Per Thomas
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:59:55 +0200
> From: Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t
> 	channels	in Norway
> To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> Message-ID: <200709302259.59410.nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Il Sunday 30 September 2007 21:16:42 Per Thomas Jahr ha scritto:
>> On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 20:55 +0200, Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
>> ...
>>
>>> but the video and audio pid for me is always 0 after a scan.
>>
>> ...
>>
>>> (see http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~perja/channels.conf)
>>
>> Hmm, in channels.conf there is a service named "Bootload". Could
>> that have anything to do with me getting no video and audio pid?
>> From googling a bit, it seems that this service is a way to
>> initialize and upgrade the setup boxes. But how can I use it from
>> linux-dvb?
>>
>> Anyone knows?
>>
>
> yes, those 0-pids may indicate a generic data service, including
> firmware updates.
> Of all those channels only National Geographic seem to be playable
> (as audio only), that is very suspicious.
>
> If you compile dvbstream from cvs (dvbtools.sf.net) and run
>
> ./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -c 0 -n 10 -prog -o:/dev/null 1
>
> wil give you a list of the available programs, then run
>
> ./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -n 30 -c 0 -prog -o:dump.ts 'PROGRAM
> NAME'
>
> wil dump  30 seconds of program to dump.ts, that players such as
> mplayer, vlc, xine and kaffeine could be able to play.
>
> If you want to analyze the TS you can use dvbsnoop or decode_pat and
> decode_pmt available in libdvbpsi
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:15:16 -0400
> From: manu <eallaud at yahoo.fr>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] Re?:  DVB-s Device Suggestions?
> To: Linux DVB Mailing List <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Message-ID: <1191190516l.7192l.1l at manu-laptop>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; DelSp=Yes; Format=Flowed
>
> On 09/30/2007 10:58:26 AM, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I would like to by a dvb-s usb device. Are there any especially well
>> supported
>> ones for linux (more as listed in the wiki, which are just 2, where
>> one is
>> actually not working). I would really like to have one for my laptop.
>> Besides Firewire or ExpressCard suggestions are also welcomed, but it
>> needs to
>> be dvb-s.
>> I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
>
> Do you plan on using a cam card for pay tv?
> If yes I guess there is even less option with USB.
> For PCI: TT S-1500 (technotrend) is well supported, though I got some
> trouble with the board itself, could be a bad board though. People  
> here
> could comment on its fiability perhaps.
> HTH
> Bye
> Manu
>
> 	
>
> 	
> 		
> ______________________________________________________________________ 
> _____
> Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et  
> son interface révolutionnaire.
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 00:30:49 +0200
> From: Heinz Wiesinger <HMWiesinger at gmx.at>
> Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re?:  DVB-s Device Suggestions?
> To: Linux DVB Mailing List <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Message-ID: <200710010030.49727.HMWiesinger at gmx.at>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="iso-8859-15"
>
> Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2007 00:15:16 schrieb manu:
>> On 09/30/2007 10:58:26 AM, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I would like to by a dvb-s usb device. Are there any especially well
>>> supported
>>> ones for linux (more as listed in the wiki, which are just 2, where
>>> one is
>>> actually not working). I would really like to have one for my  
>>> laptop.
>>> Besides Firewire or ExpressCard suggestions are also welcomed,  
>>> but it
>>> needs to
>>> be dvb-s.
>>> I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
>>
>> Do you plan on using a cam card for pay tv?
>> If yes I guess there is even less option with USB.
>> For PCI: TT S-1500 (technotrend) is well supported, though I got some
>> trouble with the board itself, could be a bad board though. People  
>> here
>> could comment on its fiability perhaps.
>> HTH
>> Bye
>> Manu
>>
> No. CAM would be fine, but is definitely not needed.
> I know there are some well-supported PCI-devices out there, but I  
> can't use
> them with my laptop. So I need something more 'external'.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:34:03 +1000
> From: Simon Perry <pezz at sanxion.net>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] Dvico Dual Digital 4 Remote
> To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> Message-ID: <4700BF0B.6020902 at sanxion.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have one of these devices and have it working nicely with the
> xc3028_fe driver, and also have the remote patches applied as per a
> previous thread on this list.
>
> I was just wondering if there was any news on a patch for the remote,
> it's basically the only thing not working (and it would be great to  
> have
> it going).
>
> Cheers.
>
> - Simon Perry
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 02:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: HQND Love 4 you ! <ngocminh_bk_nd at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [linux-dvb] improving the quality of DVB signal
> To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> Message-ID: <902525.7670.qm at web32007.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi all
>   I have 2 cards DVB-T & DVB-S of  TWINHAN but i can't  use the  
> kaffeine to watch TV channels because the level of signal  
> approxiate 33%.
>   when i use modules
>   #modprobe :
>   bttv
>   bt878
>   dst
>   dvb_core
>   dvb-bt8xx
>   the commands
>   # scan asiat3 >channels.conf
>   #szap -c channels.conf  bloomberg -r
>   # cat dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /home/ron/file.ts
>   the signal of file.ts is very bad, not continuous. But when i try  
> these card on Window the signal is good, about 88%
>   How can I improve the signal? please help me. Thank you!
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket:  
> mail, news, photos & more.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/ 
> 20071001/efb7c263/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> linux-dvb mailing list
> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
>
> End of linux-dvb Digest, Vol 33, Issue 1
> ****************************************




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list