[linux-dvb] DiB0700 device report

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 12:12:37 CEST 2007

On Thursday 11 Oct 2007, David Harvey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I previously submitted my hardware details quoting some remaining
> stability issues.
>
> Since then I have however had over a week mythtv uptime.
> This could be down to one of three reasons.
>
> I might not have unloaded the firmware fully from the stick before
> trying the new one by resetting the machine and not disconnecting it
> physically (although I thought I had)
>
> I have improved my antenna setup, receiving much more consistent
> signal.

Bizarrely, my system has been running with no problems for about a week
without any problems at all! When I initially updated to the new modules
and firmware, I had a couple of hard lockups in the first day or so.
Since then, I have changed nothing...

I have had my suspicions that this is a signal level issue, i.e. poor
signal quality causes the lockups, but this is difficult to test!

Maybe I'll start waggling the aerial lead to see if it kills it!

;)

Cheers,

Laz