[linux-dvb] RE : DiB0700 device report

Thierry Lelegard thierry.lelegard at tv-numeric.com
Thu Oct 11 12:30:37 CEST 2007

> Bizarrely, my system has been running with no problems for about a week
> without any problems at all! When I initially updated to the new modules
> and firmware, I had a couple of hard lockups in the first day or so.
> Since then, I have changed nothing...

Same thing for me. Got one disconnect problem 24H after upgrade, and
no problem at all since then.

> I might not have unloaded the firmware fully from the stick before
> trying the new one by resetting the machine and not disconnecting it
> physically (although I thought I had)

Also same doubt: did I really reset the device? I have an Nova T500,
which is a PCI card. I suppose that rebooting the system without powering
it off for a few seconds is not enough to force a firmware reload.

I am sure to have rebooted the system after driver and firmware upgrade,
but did I switched the system off, I now have a doubt. I am sure, however,
to have switched it off after the last problem and I have no more problem.

-Thierry