[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy T USB XE, Rev. 2?

anselmhelbig at compuserve.de anselmhelbig at compuserve.de
Sat Oct 13 21:40:12 CEST 2007

Hello List!

I just bought a Terratec Cinergy T USB XE, in good faith it would be
supported under Linux. Alas, the af9005 driver would not recognize it,
and bravely changing the USB ID in dvb-usb-ids.h didn't help, I got this
instead:

  af9005: boot bad config header.
  dvb_usb_af9005: probe of 2-5:1.0 failed with error -5

Now I suppose I have a "Rev. 2"-device, if I understand correctly what
is said on

  http://ventoso.org/luca/af9005/

I opened the device and the two most prominent chips read:

  TERRATEC
  CUCME
  S260274K
  CINERGY

  TERRATEC
  U2TV-23x
  0734573a
  CINERGY

The USB ID is 0ccd:0069. Any chance that this device will be supported?
Or should I try to return it to the store?

Thanks a lot!

Anselm