[linux-dvb] UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

Walsh Rod (Nokia-NRC/Tampere) Rod.Walsh at nokia.com
Mon Oct 15 11:17:53 CEST 2007

If it is indeed delivered over DVB-H, the SDP ought to be delivered by FLUTE
(RFC3926), but if it's a trial it could be SAP or something proprietary. If
over multicast, it really ought to be on a different IP address and
different port.

However, many trials have limited channels and they are either preconfigured
or multicast session data is delivered over a normal unicast connection.
This can be true of regular DVB-T/S/C too.

What kind of data rates are these streams? (e.g. +/-100%: 200kbps is
probably Mobile TV, 800kbps normal TV and 4Gbps HDTV - also depending on
whether it's MPEG4-AVC or MPEG4-main/simple). If it's radio that's another
thing :)

Cheers, Rod.