[linux-dvb] Streams recognized by dvbnet

Christian Praehauser cpraehaus at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Mon Oct 15 13:42:37 CEST 2007

Michael Harpe wrote:
> Ok, I'm not a neophyte with programming but this would be my first direct
> attempt at a device driver.
> How tough do you think it would be to accomplish this?

I think it should suffice to adapt the filter mask for the section filter, like so:

> (*secfilter)->filter_mask[0] = 0xff;

it should read

> (*secfilter)->filter_mask[0] = 0xfe;

on line 965 in dvb_net.c.

It should then accept MPE datagram- as well as ATSC addressable sections.
The rest of the code is essentiall the same for both section types.

Christian Praehauser <cpraehaus at cosy.sbg.ac.at>