[linux-dvb] Important note to em28xx/xc3028 users

Richard (MQ) osl at 16hd.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 18:41:39 CEST 2007

>> I do have, however, a relatively recent copy of
>> v4l-dvb-experimental, which you can download as a tarball from
>> http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/v4l-dvb-experimental.tar.bz2 (I don't
>> have the space to offer it unzipped). I think it may be a revision
>> or two out of date, but the last log entry is:
>> changeset:   5886:55d60e988b89 tag:         tip user:        Markus
>> Rechberger <mrechberger at gmail.com> date:        Fri Oct 12 01:03:30
>> 2007 +0200 summary:     Aver TV Hybrid A16D add DVB support
>> (received from Miroslav Bobal bobal at mbfun dot net)
>> which might be what you're looking for.

Trying to build the above, unzipped in userspace on a OpenSuSE 10.3
machine (AMD Athlon 2400, 768M RAM, kernel - all kernel source

Fist I get
> File not found:
> /lib/modules/ at
> scripts/make_config_compat.pl line 15.

- I tried to fix this with a symbolic link
> # ln -s /usr/include/linux/netdevice.h
> /lib/modules/

but the build fails with messages such as
> /usr/src/linux- error:
> dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

- so that is probably a clue that my 'fix' isn't too good.

This looks like a recent thread on TT S-1500 which seemed to be solved
with another patch - can anyone advise if it might be relevant?
Richard (MQ)