[linux-dvb] ATI Theatre 650 card support?

Baha Baydar bbaydar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 23:22:36 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 10/20/07, CityK <CityK at rogers.com> wrote:
> Baha Baydar wrote:
> > I'd be more than happy to help out with getting this card some working
> > Linux drivers.

> > On 10/14/07, CityK <CityK at rogers.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't think anyone is working on support -- there are three missing
> >> pieces of documentation: that for the tuner in the Samsung module...
> > Figures... I wonder if more support will be forthcoming with the
> > release of the new batch of 650 based cards and USB devices.  (from an
> > mythTV list posting:
> > http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3124)
> >

> Baha,
>
> Speaking of the tuner in the Samsung module and that anandtech "article"
> (aka an ATI marketing piece), would you be able to check the Windows
> .inf files for the prescence of Xceive.   While I was previously under
> the impression that the tuner IC would be something else, I now have
> suspicion that it is none other than the XC3028.

<snip>

I've checked all the inf files on the driver CD and installed the card
in a MCE XP box but none of the .inf files contained the word xceive.

If it would help I can package all the inf files from the driver CD in
a zip file and put them online if anyone would like to inspect them.

--
Baha Baydar                      http://www.hyperion.org
bbaydar at gmail.com           http://www.aztekrally.org