[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e)

Dominik Kuhlen dkuhlen at gmx.net
Sun Oct 21 18:00:12 CEST 2007

Hi,
On Thursday 18 October 2007 09:54, Daniel Golle wrote:
> hi all!
>
> i finally got the pinnacle device mentioned above, willing to
> contribute whatever i can to make it work under linux. As I have to
> study USB programming as a part of lab class, I hope to combine
> pratical and educative interests... :)
>
> please send me all known information about the device and let me know
> about exiting code (Dominik? Roland? Patrick? anybody?)

Here it is:
A new try for a driver for the pctv452e usb device.

What's working:
 - Remote control
 - LNB control (14/18v, 22kHz)
 - DiSEqC
What's not working:
 - tuning (neither DVB-S nor DVB-S2) :(
 - reading data (which probably results from failing to tune)

how to use:
1. get manu's stuff:
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899
2. apply patch
patch -p1 < enable_pctv452e_20071021.patch
3. build and load drivers as usual

Things to have a closer look at:
 - The (large) init tables. (i have usbsnoopy log files if anyone wants to check)
 - I don't know what has changed for tuning since my first driver version (which could at least receive DVB-S)
   I'm going to have a look at this.

Any comments appreciated....

 Dominik