[linux-dvb] problem with downloading firmware

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Tue Oct 23 08:50:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

My first post here and I'm trying to to follow all the hints from the
mailinglist to get my WinTV Nova-T 500 TD to work with my newly upgraded
opensuse 10.3. I can tune my card but I have problems to see anything from
the card. I get half a second of sound when using mplayer then it crashes. No
other player seems to be able to watch the stream. I've tested xawtv4, klear
and vlc. It might be some problem with codecs but I'm not sure at this
moment.

First step is to try to get a newer (at least I think I need one) firmware.
I'm trying to download the firmware from www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de. I'm
getting "403 Forbidden". Is there another place to get that firmware?

The firmware I've got at this moment is:
ls -l /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29955 11 mar  2007 /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw

Is that an early one and should that be replaced?

regards,

/bengan