[linux-dvb] stv0297: improvement for qam256 modulated channels

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:09:19 CET 2007

Johann Friedrichs schrieb:

> I get no lock on any QAM-256 channel with my C-2300 after applying that
> patch.

I've seen two different values for the carrier offset on Windows XP for a TT-C2300. Registers 20/21h
are programmed with 3c0a or 3ba4 (carrier offset 6763 or 6718). The value depends on the driver
revision. On a TT-C1500, this value is 4000 (carrier offset 7209). It may be possible, that the
value is calculated from some other values. I know, that the patch has no effect for some testers.
This is the first report with a failure. So it isn't possible to add the patch.

In my case, I've some channels in the UHF range with a poor signal strength. Without the patch, I
got ber ~3500h and unc >10h. With the patch, I get ber ~b00h and unc 0.

- Hartmut