[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e)

Konstantin Dimitrov kosio.dimitrov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:17:51 CET 2007


hello guys,

can i kindly ask you to run the following test on Astra 19.2E:

add to channels.conf:

Pro7HD:12722:h:0:22000:255:259:10200
NRJ:11538:v:0:22000:608:628:6908

save:

#!/bin/sh
i=0
j=0
while [[ $i -lt $4 ]]
do
i=$((i + 1))
./szap -t $3 -x $1
if [[ $? -eq 1 ]]
then
echo "fail: $i"
j=$((j + 1))
fi
sleep $2
done
echo "succ: $((i - j)) | fail: $j"

as locktest.sh and run:

1) "locktest.sh NRJ 5 0 100", which means: tune to channel NRJ, sleep
for 5 seconds between two consecutive tune tries, use DVB-S and do 100
tune tries

2) "locktest.sh Pro7HD 5 2 100", to test the DVB-S2

please, post the number of successful locks, i need that information
to compare behavior of stb0899 on PCTV452e and on the card i own -
Technisat Skystar HD card,  where i got between 80% and 90% successful
locks with the current stb0899 code. thanks a lot !

best wishes,
konstantin

On 10/29/07, Daniel Golle <daniel.golle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:13:20 +0000, garlicdevel at ntlworld.com wrote:
> > > > wow you've managed to get this working?
> > > > can you list which driver your using, and which version of stb0899
> > > > I'm still trying to get video output from mine
> > > I use:
> > > - Linux 2.6.22-ck1 on VIA Esther processor 1200MHz
> > > - stb0899 from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899/ (last change on
> > > 10-10-2007)
> > > - enable_pctv452e_20071021.patch posted by Dominik Kuhlen
> > > - I changed the initial value of register STB0899_I2CRPT to 0x58 as
> > > suggested by Dominik some hours after publishing the patch.
> > > - szap2 from http://dev.kewl.org/hvr4000/utils/szap2.tgz finally did
> > the
> > > trick... (again, big thanks to Dominik for this hint!)
> > >
> > > szap2 -r -c /home/daniel/channels.conf -i
> > > tunes successfully to every DVB-S (but not -S2!) channel I ask it
> > for.
> > > I can play the stream in /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 with mplayer
> > (actually,
> > > I do this on my router machine, the box the pinnacle is connected
> > to:
> > > cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | nc -l -p 12345
> > > and this on my workstation:
> > > nc 192.168.XXX.XXX 12345 | mplayer -stop-xscreensaver -v -vo xv -vf
> > > tfields -
> > > ).
> > >
> > > got to restart netcat and mplayer everytime I tune to a different
> > > channel. I guess, this is more a problem with mplayer not expecting
> > the
> > > TS to end/die unexpectedly...
> > >
> > > Also, I tried to compile szap2 using the headers included in manu's
> > > stb0899 code instead of the ones included in szap2, which did NOT
> > work
> > > (tuner doesn't lock to channel).
> > >
> > > Anyway, just to mention, the LED seems to stay yellow at all times
> > after
> > > plugging the device, but i don't care as i cannot see it anyway ;)
> > >
> > > btw: as dvbscan doesn't work yet with the new tuner api, I need an
> > > up-to-date channels.conf for 19.2E. somebody, please run dvbscan
> > > and send me the result by email.
> > >
> > > -Daniel
> >
> > thanks for the info this could save me a lot of time
> > I've tried the above out but I'm still getting no output from dvr0
> >
> > at this point I'm not sure if it's because I'm using an amd64 system
> > (perhaps non friendly 64bit code somewhere) or if the channel I'm
> > trying to tune to is wrong in channels.conf
> >
> > can you let me know the channel details you've used to tune on Astra
> > 19.2E (the line used in channels.conf)
> > this way I can re-align the dish motor using an external decoder box
> > then give it another go
> >
> basically, most channels i got in the channels.conf are working. as the
> file is almost 8 months old (my ttpci died some time ago), I suppose
> that the channels which are not working are really not there any more.
> Das
> Erste:11836:hC34:S19.2E:27500:101:102=deu,103=2ch;106=dd:104:0:28106:1:1101:0
> and
> MTV Germany:11973:vC34:S19.2E:27500:4031+8190:4032:4034:0:28673:1:1078:0
>
> both work perfectly (i mean it. saw a 90 minute movie on ARD yesterday
> night).
>
> Sky News:11597:vC56:S19.2E:22000:305+131:306=eng:579:0:28707:1:1026:0
>
> looses the lock every few milliseconds, resulting in typical
> mpeg-glitches appearing in the picture from time to time (that may also
> be because of the poor condition of my dish... even the ECCs got
> limits). sometimes mplayer even refuses to start giving me this:
> Checking for MPEG-TS...
> TRIED UP TO POSITION 0, FOUND 47, packet_size= 188, SEEMS A TS? 1
> GOOD CC: 12, BAD CC: 20
> Checking for LMLM4 Stream Format
> Invalid packet in LMLM4 stream: ch=18177 size=27537622
> LMLM4 Stream Format not found
>
> i will try to borrow an analog receiver from somewhere to check the
> actual signal quality arriving from my dish, could be quite bad (i mean,
> it looks bad, wasn't readjusted for at least 10 years and it's rusty all
> over...)
>
> If it still doesn't work for you, lets compare the tons of debugging
> output in kern.log...
>
> -Daniel
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> linux-dvb mailing list
> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
>



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list