[linux-dvb] Quad Receiver Satellite System

Jean Paul Gatt ganniterix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:32:21 CEST 2007

So technically I will not be posting a query regarding DVB-S on linux, but
the system I am trying to build will ultimately be feeding into Linux
Powered Tuners and PC cards on linux systems, so if anyone can still clarify
this for me .. I will appreciate!!

I need to build a system that can support upto 4 receivers from 4 different
satellites. I don't know if any of the following setups should work, or if
there is a better way to do it:

1) Buy 4 quad LNB's that include an inbuilt switch and connect each
connection to a different diseqc 4/1 switch. This way I will have 4 LNB's,
feeding 4 4/1 switches, and each switch feeding a receiver.

2) Buy 4 quattro LNB's that do not include an inbuilt switch. Connect these
LNB's to a 17/4 diseqc switch, and then connect the 4 receivers to the
diseqc switch.