[linux-dvb] WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) won't tune one DVB-T multiplex

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Sep 4 15:15:52 CEST 2007

I have just moved to a house served by the Waltham DVB-T transmitter in
the UK, and am able to tune all multiplexes except Mx_2 (BBC4, CBeebies
etc) on 570 MHz. I believe the signal strength is good,and my STB has no
problem.  I have a recent copy of a posted working dvbapps tuning file,
but even using this the Mythtv scan repeatedly fails to open the
demultiplexer and then reports 'No tables found'.  The Windows software
and dvbapps itself also fails on this Mx.  I believe that the problem
may be caused by exhaustion of the available PID filters in the device
(Mythtv ticket #1970).

Please can anyone suggest a way in which I might get the programmes on
this multiplex?.  I didn't have this problem at my previous location,
served by the Hastings transmitter, but I had not tried retuning there
recently.

TIA

John P