[linux-dvb] Asys P7131 Hybrid: DVB out of range

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Thu Sep 6 09:19:53 CEST 2007

> > The limits are comming from the tda10046 info.  I think the correct thing
> > to do here is to not have the tda1004x driver define frequency limits, as
> > it's the tuner that has the limits.
>
> Nak. You must not remove these limits unless you make sure
> that all tuner drivers which might be attached to this demod
> have non-zero frequency limits.

IMO, the better would be not to initialize frequency ranges at the
demods (since this is tuner stuff).

If you are afraid of having a tuner driver with improper values, add a
check can be added, at dvb frontend core, to use the maximum allowed
frequency range, if frequency_max is not defined. The better, however,
is to fix the tuner drivers without frequency limits.

Removing the frequency ranges from demods have two advantages:

1) Avoid bogus values at demods;

2) It helps to decrease the BSS size of the module, used initialize
those two variables that are useless at demod context.

--
Cheers,
Mauro