[linux-dvb] Asys P7131 Hybrid: DVB out of range

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Thu Sep 6 22:22:51 CEST 2007

Hi Paolo,

Am Donnerstag, den 06.09.2007, 10:01 +0200 schrieb Paolo Dell'Aquila:
> hermann pitton wrote:
>
> > OK, you are using the patch to change the digital antenna input, no
> > analog used after latest module unload and the IR receiver is not
> > plugged.
>
> I've tried both applying your patch for switching antenna and without
> it. The freq error is still there.

yes, that can't be related to it.

> So I removed the board and putted again on my WinXp machine (yes, I have
> one, LOL) and there it was working perfectly.
>
> So I reinserted the card into my linux box checking very well the
> contacts. The problem was still there.
>
> Hope I will be able to watch TV (and more important listening radio) on
> my linux box as soon as possible.

Please keep at least the dvb ML posted.

Can not reproduce your problem on a 32bit machine with the Asus P7131
Dual. If I fake frequencies out of range in my tzap channels.conf, the
error behavior is OK, also I can still tune to the valid frequencies.

# ./tzap -r "TERRA NOVA"
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
reading channels from file '/root/.tzap/channels.conf'
tuning to 998000000 Hz
ERROR: ioctl FE_SET_FRONTEND failed (Invalid argument)

tda1004x: found firmware revision 26 -- ok
DVB: frontend 0 frequency 998000000 out of range (51000000..858000000)

# ./tzap -r "PHOENIX"
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
reading channels from file '/root/.tzap/channels.conf'
tuning to 45500000 Hz
ERROR: ioctl FE_SET_FRONTEND failed (Invalid argument)

tda1004x: found firmware revision 26 -- ok
DVB: frontend 0 frequency 45500000 out of range (51000000..858000000)

Good enough :)

Did you check your channels.conf for frequencies out of the above range
like suggested? Maybe post it to the mailing list.
If there are such, you could also try with Andreas patch.

Current mercurial dvb-apps don't build here.

CC dvbvideo.o
In file included from dvbvideo.c:28:
/usr/include/linux/dvb/video.h:100: Fehler: expected specifier-qualifier-list before »__u32«
make[2]: *** [dvbvideo.o] Fehler 1

Your other machine is fine with the card and on this one even analog is
affected. We have so far all the same, except that my card doesn't have
a LNA.

Radio doesn't work for you. Are you sure you have still gpio 0x0200000
for radio and not 0x0000000 ?

If you don't get it fixed with the above, you might consider to remove
all like doing from your copy of v4l-dvb
"modprobe -vr saa7134-dvb saa7134-alsa tuner tda827x"
"make rmmod" (webcam/something?)
"make rminstall"

Check that no *.ko is left in
/lib/modules/your_kernel_version/kernel/drivers/media

Else report and delete it.

You could try now for example with a snapshot from Hartmut Hackmann's
mercurial repository for a test http://www.linuxtv.org/hg
or with your previously working version of v4l-dvb.

If you still have troubles everywhere, voltage problems can corrupt the
i2c traffic on a card and more. Try i2c_debug=1 on the saa7134 driver to
look for failing traffic.

I have no better ideas for now.

Cheers,
Hermann