[linux-dvb] Open letter - Linux Support for WinTV -T-500 DVB-T TV card

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:13:57 CEST 2007

Good try! I don't know if this will be even remotely helpful, but at least
you tried.
It's really a pity that the support for this card is still incomplete these
days. Specially having in mind that (I think) we are very close to have a
fully functional driver, as the USB disconnects (without plugin in the
remote captor) are really very marginal.

However, plugin in and using the remote controller is a total different
story, a nightmare I'd even say: system locks, frequent disconnects (not
solvable by restarting the mythbackend - I need to do a full poweroff and
even unplug the power cord to force a firmware reload on the card
sometimes...), etc... Is there any possibility that we get a better support
for the Nova-T 500 remote any day?

It'd really be "the perfect card" if only this issue were solved...

Kind regards,
  Eduard Huguet
  Barcelona (Spain)