[linux-dvb] DiB0700 firmware - next try

Simon G linuxtv at simong.net
Thu Sep 13 11:18:53 CEST 2007

dib0700_devices.c or rename the file to the current name.

>>> Great...
>>> - Will that replace dvb-usb-dib0700-03-prel.fw ??
>>
>> If it works better, yes.
>>
>>> - Will it require the latest v4l-dvb source ??
>>
>> Yes it is better.
>>
>> Patrick.
>
>I have problems to load this new firmware.
>- I have added the file in /lib/firmware and removed the previous one. -
Shutdown, halt the system
>- Boot the system
>- Checks the dmesg and it shows that it tries to load the previous
firmware (which are deleted)

>How can I solve this to run the latest FW?
>
>// Joacim

2 Ways ... (I think, can someone else say if this is correct or not?)

1.  Change the name of the firmware (.fw) to match the old one.

2.  Edit v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c
    Change the line
    .firmware          = "dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw", \
    .firmware          = "dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw", \
    And recompile and install.

I did the option 2 version myself.

Does anybody else have a better answer ?

/Simon.