[linux-dvb] (maybe OT) Recommendation for DVB-C card for home made receiver/recorder

Bernhard Denner bernhard.denner at kabsi.at
Thu Sep 13 17:48:40 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm using a Haupauge Nexus-CA for 2 years now and I'm very satisfied with it.
But actually don't now if there are any better (maybe HDTV) cards on
the market now.

Software: I think VDR is the right software you are looking for.
You can watch, record (cat, burn, convert the recordings), stream TV
programs with it, has many many plugins and can handle up to 4
DVB-S/C/T cards.

http://www.vdr-wiki.de (german)
http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki (english)

Bernhard