[linux-dvb] Twinhan 2033 DVB-C unable to find any channels

Rune Kock rune.kock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:54:16 CEST 2007

I've compiled a 2.6.22 kernel with Manu Abraham's mantis driver from
jusst.de/manu.  I've added Marko Ristola's gpio_set_bits-patch, and
also his cu1216_improvements-patch from august.

During boot, the modules seem to load successfully, and I get lines like:
mantis_frontend_init (0): Mantis DVB-C Philips CU1216 frontend attach success

My card is working in Windows, and so I've found the frequencies,
symbolrate and qam there.  I then run the scan program with that info.

But that's where my luck runs out.  I only get "WARNING: >>> tuning
failed!!!".  In dmesg, I get lines like
[cu1216_set_parameters]:frequency = 794000000 , symbol = 6875000 , qam
= 3, inversion = 0 .
so something seems to be happening.

I'm not using a CAM.

Any suggestions?