[linux-dvb] HELP: card identification

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Sun Sep 16 22:13:14 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, den 16.09.2007, 13:22 +0200 schrieb misha:
> > says either analog TV or DVB-T, but the "datasheet" there says both at
> > once. If it is hybrid with only one tuner at 0x61 and none at 0x60 you
> > should see errors in dmesg. Check if firmware upload is OK.
> no errors in dmesg
> >
> > Better try with mercurial, there you also can set debug=1 for
> > saa7134-dvb and the new tda827x frontend module.
> this went a bit over my head.  i googled for mercurial, looked at my
> modules, and modinfo but i dont see useful references to this.   can you
> explain further what modules i should be loading and with what options?
> >
> > >From the eeprom it should have two tuners too.
> yes, this is verified by the manual i got.

then I expect that the Typhoon/Anubis/Lifeview cardbus 50500 just works
with the current v4l-dvb mercurial master repository at linuxtv.org.

Click on top on bz2, unpack, cd v4l-dvb, make, make rmmod, make install.
"modprobe tda827x debug=1"
"modprobe saa7134-dvb debug=1"
You need kernel devel environement installed, on Ubunto should be kernel
headers, for others kernel-devel rpm.

Where you got it? Looks like every ProMarkt, Karstadt, Conrad etcetera
has it.
http://www.typhoon.de    Produkte, the cardbus on top, then link
"Produkt kaufen"
But when I let check the Conrad in Frankfurt directly from the central,
it is not in stock there.

Someone saw the new Duo Kworld NB-TV 220 cardbus already in a regular
shop in Germany?

Or even the LifeView TRIO cardbus in a regular shop for a regular prize?

Does someone have the Avermedia cardbus E502 and does it have a tda8275a
tuner? Should know it ...

Any known issues with the MSI A/D cardbus like with this Vivanco
21056/LR306 clone of the PCI card and analog TV? Just remember Werner
Braun also didn't get DVB-T ZDF in Berlin with it, like Soeren reported
yesterday for the Asus P7131 Hybrid LNA there.