[linux-dvb] Q: How to test if EIT is being broadcasted correctly

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 17 02:51:04 CEST 2007

	Hi all,
I use a STB to watch Sat TV (canalsat caraibes in the franch West
Indies). It displays now/next infos during viewing so I guess that it
means EIT is present on the feed. Moreover there is a special channel
which is named "Guide des Programmes" (program guide in French).
Using MythTV everything works but the EPG.
So my question is: how can I be sure of what is really broadcasted in
terms of EIT. I tried tst_sections in dvb_apps using the PID from
channels.conf (I used the first number after the symbol rate) and also
with 0x12 but it always emits this:
test_sections: using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
   PID 0x0012
   Filter 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
     Mask 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

and stops. So I guess somethings isnot working.
Any idea?
TIA
Bye
Manu