[linux-dvb] DVB API update

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Mon Sep 17 11:56:57 CEST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:57:32PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> CityK wrote:
> > Its described in:
> >
> > "/EN 50083-9:2002 : //Cable networks for television signals, sound
> > signals and interactive services. Part 9: Interfaces for CATV/SMATV
> > head-ends and similar professional equipment for DVB/MPEG2 transport
> > streams. "
>
> Cool. Thanks for the info. (Sounds like cityk has been crawling all over
> the net :-) )
> Another Cenelec spec... :-|

Cityk, thanks for the info!

Manu, I can understand your argument that there should not be something
integrated that is based on guesswork, but I think it is not that bad.

The basic parameters needed for "tuning" or querying the status should
be easy to define - wether a specific "frontend" supports all these or
not would have to be queried via capabilities anyways, IMHO.

Regards,
Wolfgang