[linux-dvb] No EPG data

David Frankland david at dmf-software.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 11:46:30 CEST 2007

Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
> Hi
> I installed recently the KnoppMyth R5F27. I have got Technotrend
> TT-premium C-2300 cards (DVB-C). I enabled EIT (on the air EPG) for
> DVB-driver in MythTV setup. First I searched trandponders in MythTV
> setup. Then I fixed network IDs on MySQL database of MythTV and after
> that I searched the channels succesfully.
> Now I can watch TV DVB-C broadcasts and teletext pages, but I can't see
> any EPG data in program guide of MythTV or OSD information when
> switching channels. System has now been up about 12 h and still no EPG
> information. I have searched information from here and from there, but
> no luck. I live in Finland. Would someone give me some help?

Do you have "useonairguide" set for all channels?

You can change this in MythWeb channel setup (click all the check
boxes), or much easier via mysql with "update channel set useonairguide=1"

After a minute or so of idle you should see programs being added. Using
mysql "select count(*) from program" will quickly show you if it is working.

By the way, I am struggling with the same card. How did you search for
transponders in MythTV? I had to use scandvb and make a channels.conf file.