[linux-dvb] Missing channels on FlyDVB-S LR300 (saa7134-dvb)

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Thu Sep 20 22:37:09 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 20.09.2007, 10:13 -0400 schrieb CityK:
> hermann pitton wrote:
> > Philips semiconductors is outsourced to NXP
>
> Philips semiconductors does not exist any more.  Philips sold the
> controlling interest in its subsidiary to a private equity group.  The
> "new" semiconductor company is now known as NXP.  A noteworthy point is
> that Philips retained a large stake in NXP,  which is perhaps reflected
> in the  "founded by Philips" portion  of NXP 's logo: http://www.nxp.com
>
> So, saying Philips semiconductors is outsourced to NXP is technically
> incorrect.  Yet, at the same time, there is large element of truth in
> Hermann's comment.

To make it short, likely no time soon again.

I don't know what happened to Philips semiconductors Hamburg Germany,
from where we got all the support from Hartmut there in his free time.

I totally underestimated, what he still has to hack to provide that all
for us, but I now have a better picture.

Then Manu announced, please don't take it as an attack or something in
that direction, that he has all NDAs for the recent PCIe bridges with
dual/quadro multiple/mixed frontend support.

Might not yet have been sufficient enough.

We have our own analog experiences too. We know what it means to get the
right datasheet!

And struggled for years for example on the tda9887 and related.
If you have it once, it is nothing anymore, and you have tears in your
eyes for all the pain you had ...

Cheers,
Hermann