[linux-dvb] Tuning problem with some Frequencies qt1010, dvb_usb_gl861 (MSI Mega Sky 580)

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Thu Sep 27 17:25:37 CEST 2007

hi,

Roland Marcus Rutschmann wrote:
> With another dvb-t stick under linux and the MSI Mega Sky under Windows I get
> 11 Programms in 3 frequency-bands, with MSI under Linux I cannot tune to  the
> 3 programms of the frequency-band around 530MHz. Other frequencies work fine.

Known problem. Performance is bad due to zl10353 demodulator driver and
also qt1010 needs some changes after demodulator driver fix. But I
cannot fix it because I don't know what is the meaning of some zl10353
registers needed to get it working better. I wonder if those are for
AGC2... Same demodulator driver is used by too many cards, therefore it
is hard to change without knowing exactly what to do.

> I had some messages like:
> qt1010 I2C read failed
> qt1010 I2C write failed
>
> which I got rid from with this hint:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb%40linuxtv.org/msg25733.html

This can be fixed :) But unfortunately it does not have nothing to do
with tuning problem :[

/antti