[linux-dvb] Stupid problem !

kubrick at fgv6.net kubrick at fgv6.net
Sun Sep 30 14:30:35 CEST 2007

Hello.

Thank you for your quick response.

Everything works perfectly now. That's a fact : it should be
documented :)

See ya.

François.

> You need to enable I2C either as modules or as
compiled in.
> The fuckhats at lunix-dvb never even list a number of requisites for
> the drivers...

Once I2C is in, you will see more choices in DVB stuff.

kubrick at fgv6.net <kubrick at fgv6.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for your response.These
are the only modules which I can compile :

>> # modprobe -l | grep dvb

/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko

/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-dec/ttusb_dec.ko

/lib/modules/2.6.22-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttusb-dec/ttusbdecfe.ko
>> I've loaded these modules and
nothing happend... I see no reference to my
>> card neither in /var/log/message nor in dmesg. Also I have no
/dev/dvb
>> directory...
>>
>> For info :
>> # lsusb -v
>> [...]
>> Bus 002
Device 002: ID 2040:9950 Hauppauge

Device
Descriptor:
>>   bLength
            18
>>   bDescriptorType         1
>>   bcdUSB               2.00
>>   bDeviceClass
          0 (Defined at Interface level)
>>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>>   idVendor           0x2040 Hauppauge
>>   idProduct
0x9950
>>   bcdDevice            1.00
>>   iManufacturer           1 Hauppauge
>>   iProduct
            2 WinTV Nova-DT
>>   iSerial                 3 4028942220
>>   bNumConfigurations      1
>> [...]
>>
>> See ya.

problem as I am trying to

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500

in my kernel menuconfig (2.6.22-gentoo-r5) nor in the

>> a module but I cant choose any DBV frontend, the list is empty ! So I
the dib0700 kernel module...

prevents it to

> You do not compile a specific module from the v4l-dvb tree, you just
>> > compile the whole tree against your
kernel headers. At least this is how
>> > I am doing it successfully.
>> >
>> > More