[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S Plus

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 00:11:01 CEST 2008

On 01/04/2008, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>  >
>  > Linux smithers.home #1 SMP Thu Sep 27 23:10:59 EDT
>  > 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>  >
>  > No problems using my card pointed at Astra 28.2E.
> I wonder if the lesson to take home is to either use a relatively old
>  kernel, such as 2.6.18, or a kernel as new as possible. But avoid
>  in-between versions such as, let's say, 2.6.20

Possibly. On the DVB wiki
(http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus) there
are reports of problems on, which is a _later_ than the one
on my test machine. I guess the only real answer is try it on the
distro you want, and see how it goes. It definitely does work though,
and has been supported since 2006.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: