[linux-dvb] Support for Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI and PCIe Cards

David Porter dvb-t at iinet.com.au
Thu Apr 3 07:18:34 CEST 2008

Hi

I have been using the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner DVB-T cards in
MythBuntu builds.
This product is now end of life.
It is being replaced by the Hauppauge HVR-2200 dual tuner DVB-T PCIe card.
This is currently available but there are no Linux drivers for it.

The DVICO Dual Digital 4 PCI DVB-T card worked well in Linux until it was
replaced a few weeks ago with a "revision2" version that has a different
tuner and decoder and is currently unsupported. I believe Chris pascoe who
wrote the original driver is looking into it.

There is a possibility that when the Nova-T 500 runs out ( 2 - 3 months ),
no Dual Tuner DVB-T cards will be supported under Linux.

It seems that some ATSC PCIe cards have Linux driver support but there is
currently nothing for DVB-T.

I would be grateful for information about the likelyhood of support for
Hauppauge HVR2200 or any other dual tuner DVB-T cards that anyone may know
about, or be working on.

Regards
David