[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-TD & low power muxes

Greg Thomas Greg at TheThomasHome.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 15:23:48 CEST 2008

I have a WinTV-NOVA-TD stick
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick)
- running off the Sudbury transmitter (uk-sudbury at
http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/file/2686c080e0b5/util/scan/dvb-t/).

If I follow the "Testing your DVB device" Wiki page, it works fine for
muxes 2 & 4 (the higher power ones), but can find no channels at all
on the other muxes - whilst my cheap £20 supermarket DVB-T STB works
just fine. Is it that

(a) USB DVB-T sticks are just less sensitive than an STB,
(b) The NOVA-TD is just less sensitive than normal for a USB stick, or
(c) Something else I'm completely missing.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm kind of new at all this!

Also, I noticed that tzap always reports the snr as 0000 for those
channels it can find; that seems a little unlikely at best, to me!

Thanks,

Greg
Kernel: 2.6.24-15-generic
Firmware: /lib/firmware/2.6.24-15-generic/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw