[linux-dvb] RE : Re: RE : Re: Which DVB-T USB tuner on linux ?

linuxcbon linuxcbon at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 7 03:53:22 CEST 2008

--- Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi> a écrit :
> linuxcbon wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer Antti,
> >
> > ARTEC T14BR
> > Chip DiB0700
> > Is the firmware downloaded automaticaly by the kernel ?
>
> It is loaded automatically as it is done always. There is no drivers
> that needs firmware loaded manually. Everyone driver will load firmware
> automatically.
> But if you mean that if firmware is coming from kernel - answer is
> almost 100% no. Firmware is almost always needed to install manually
> from somewhere on the net or from via package manager depending on your
> distribution. Installing firmware is not big issue and it is needed only
>
> once. Installing drivers from source is more work...

Ok then I buy an ARTEC T14BR (if I find it in the shop :))

Is dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw latest firmware ? Where can it be found ?
I guess dmesg | grep dvb should tell the correct name and it should be
changed to it. It should be copied to /lib/firmware/ ?

Do you know if the code is mature for this product, I mean no bugs and all
features completed ? :p

BR, linuxcbon