[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV-CI Spec

Derk Dukker derk.dukker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:24:59 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any progress going on at the Hauppauge WinTV CI
usb. I heard that a guy named Luc is currently working on it. Luc do you
have any information about your progress or do you have a site where I/we
can track back the progress? I also noticed that the design of the Hauppauge
WinTV CI usb is quite the same as the Terratec Cinergy CI usb which I
bought. SmarDTV is the vendor of it (I opened the case and on the print
board stood SmarDTV). You can get the specification from the website (see
also earlier emails).
I think both the devices are the same, so when one driver is created it will
probably also works on the terratec cinergy ci. I don't know if the
specification from smarDTV is enough...
I have had contact with the dutch terratec support and asked them if they
can get me the specification to create a linux driver. He said that he would
check it out if it is possible for me to have the specification, as soon as
he knows more he will update me. But that email responds was 1 or 2 weeks
ago. I will email him again. As soon as I got something I will post it here.

regards,

Derk