[linux-dvb] Help with unsupported DVB-T usb stick (CE6230)

Albert Comerma albert.comerma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:51:43 CEST 2008

Hi Paolo, buonasera,
 the first thing you need to know for adding a device is which hardware it's
using, and often the better is to just remove all the plastic of your device
and have a look at the chips... Once this has been done if you're lucky the
specifications of the chips would be public or already programmed and you
just would need to manage to get your card working. And if you're unlucky
you will have no information from the manufacturer and no information at all
and you will have to do reverse engineering...
It seems that this devices are based on two chips; CE 6230 usb bridge and
MXL5005 tuner. None of them are supported or in development currently, and
to get the specifications you need to get in touch with the manufacturers
(intel and  maxlinear).
Anyway, you can have a look at the code downloading it from mercurial (see
linuxtv.org), the usb dvb part is mostly inside
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/

Albert