[linux-dvb] USB 1.1 support for AF9015 DVB-T tuner

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:30:30 CEST 2008

2008/4/9, Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi>:
> Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> > As it looks like my AverTV Hybrid Volar HX is a little bit of no use
> > for quite some time -
> > and your afatech driver seems to helpfull to many other users - maybe you
> could
> > try to make it help for me as well ??
> >
>  I can try :)

Great ;)

>  version 4.95 is the latest one.
> http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/

Yep that should be the one I'm using I guess

>  Are you really sure it is Afatech AF9015? Looks like all USB-messages are
> failing. The only thing this could happen is that device is not AF9015 or it
> is badly broken.

Well it's AF9013 - but as could be seen in the source - the code looks like
it should support both chips  AF9015 & AF9013 - do I had to set manually
some bits somewhere ?

>  Open stick and see chips used. Taking good resolution photo or two from PCB
> (stick motherboard) would be also nice.

Yep - I've already described chips in this device in my December post.

Now there are even some articles about this AvetTV Hybrid Volar HX device
- this one is in Czech - but the chip names should be understandable I guess :)

Here is article:

And here is detailed photo of the AF9013 chip in there: