[linux-dvb] USB 1.1 support for AF9015 DVB-T tuner

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Wed Apr 9 17:51:23 CEST 2008

Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> 2008/4/9, Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi>:
>> Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>>
>>> As it looks like my AverTV Hybrid Volar HX is a little bit of no use

> Well it's AF9013 - but as could be seen in the source - the code looks like
> it should support both chips  AF9015 & AF9013 - do I had to set manually
> some bits somewhere ?

AF9013 is DVB-T demodulator and AF9015 is integrated USB-bridge + AF9013
demodulator. Your device does not have AF9015 at all. DVB-T USB-device
needs logically three "chips". USB-bridge, demodulator and tuner. As I
can understand there is CY7C68013 USB-bridge, AF9013 demodulator and
TDA18271 tuner. First you should try to find driver for demodulator.
After thats is OK we can try to connect AF9013 demodulator to USB-bridge
and TDA18271 tuner to AF9013 demodulator.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/