[linux-dvb] Mantis 2033 change tuner

Per Olofsson pelle at dsv.su.se
Wed Apr 16 14:41:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I don't own the card in question, but I am interesting in buying one if it works :-)

Bas v.d. Wiel wrote:
> Hello all,
> As I got no response to my question about changing tuner chips on Mantis
> cards (I have one with chip ID 0x7d which I read about earlier), I started
> experimenting with the sources from jusst.de. I changed mantis_dvb.c in a
> crude way by simply copying the contents of a case statement for a Mantis
> 2040 to the one for the 2033 and commenting out the original 2033 block
> that loads the tda10021.

Hrm, 2040? Where did you find that case statement?

Otherwise, have you tried using the case statement for TERRATEC_CINERGY_C_PCI
instead? It looks exactly the same as the 2033 case apart from the tda10023
tuner. Perhaps try the attached (untested) patch?

> To my surprise this compiled without any trouble and everything gets loaded
> and recognized without error upon next bootup, including the tda10023.
> However, as I expected, something crashes in a very bad way when I actually
> try to use the tuner with dvb-scan. Am I doing something wrong? Or is my
> card simply not supported (yet) by the mantis driver (too new maybe)?

Could you post the diff? Also make sure you have the latest mantis source code
(use "hg pull" + "hg up" to update).

--
Pelle