[linux-dvb] Re : Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e) and TT-Connect-S2-3600 final version

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 19 19:48:31 CEST 2008

On 04/18/2008 07:01:14 PM, Dominik Kuhlen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is my current version after quite a while of testing and tuning:
> I stripped the stb0899 tuning/searching algo to speed up tuning a bit
> now I have very fast and reliable locks (no failures, no errors)
>
> I have also merged the TT-S2-3600 patch from André. (I cannot test it
> though.)
>
> the attached patch applies to jusst.de multiproto rev 7213
> the simpledvbtune application is for tuning tests: it does only open
> the frontend and tunes. no data reading/section parsing.
> compile with:
> gcc -I/YOUR_MP_PATH/linux/include simpledvbtune.c -o simpletune
> and tune to (if you have Astra 19.2 as first satellite)
> ZDF DVB-S transponder
> ./simpledvbtune -f 11954
> Astra demo DVB-S2 transponder
> ./simpledvbtune -f 11915 -d 2

I patched stb988*.c to see if it immproved my reception, but so far it
looks pretty much the same: transponder on 11093 is always perfect and
all others are unreliable (meaning: going from no lock to perfect image
between times, and if I get no lock tuning to the good transponder on
11093 MHz and tuning back to where it did not work will give me a lock
in general), so... I was lost.
I also tried to substract 4 Mhz to the tuning frequency even up to 10
MHz but with the same symptoms.
BUT the good news is : ADDING 4MHz gives good results: perfect picture
on every transponders!
Bye
Manu